MARCO, BORN 1987, IS THE FACE AND BODY OF OUR BROADWAY NYC FASHION FALL COLLECTION MAN – AND ON TOP OF THAT, HE’S QUITE A NICE GUY. WE’VE ASKED HIM A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.
1. YOU ARE A MODEL, BUT YOU’RE ALSO A MAN. HOW IMPORTANT IS FASHION TO YOU?
(Laughs) Maybe not as important as it is to women. But in my job, I’ve got to deal with a lot of fashion and I actually quite like being one of the first to know what the latest trends are.
2. TODAY YOU’RE SHOOTING THE FALL COLLECTION 2017 FOR BROADWAY NYC FASHION. WHICH STYLES FROM THE BROADWAY MAN COLLECTION DO YOU LIKE BEST?
I really like the structured-knit, reversible sweat-cardigan. It’s exactly the style I go for: sporty, casual and yet classy. You can combine it with almost anything.
3. WHAT’S YOUR PERSONAL FAVOURITE TREND FOR THIS FALL?
I do a lot of exercise and travel quite a bit. That’s why I prefer hoodies in all kinds of different styles: They’re convenient, comfortable and I feel great in them. And, of course, jeans always work too. But I really fancy those cool jogger pants as well.
4. DO YOU HAVE A PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU REALLY LOVE?
Yes. I actually do (smiles). It’s a black wool coat. I can wear it casually or combine it with something more classy, like a pair of pleated chinos. I like that look, it’s cool. And the coat keeps me nice and warm.
5. DO YOU LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AND YOUR BODY?
I exercise regularly. It’s not only because of my job – it just makes me feel better and healthier in my body if I’m strong and fit. Though when I’m off, I don’t mind being lazy and spending the whole day in bed.
6. YOU TRAVEL A LOT, YOU’RE OFTEN AWAY FROM HOME AND HAVE TO BE FLEXIBLE IN YOUR JOB. HOW DO YOU RECOVER FROM STRESS?
If I haven’t been booked I like spending time with my girlfriend and, of course, with my mates. Some weekends, we just decide to go somewhere spontaneously. I love Berlin, but I also like going to the country. I can really recommend the Mecklenburger Seenplatte. That’s my favourite place to unwind.