JESSICA SCHWARZ IS ONE OF GERMANY’S MOST VERSATILE CELEBRITIES. STARTING OFF IN 1993 AS THE ‘BRAVO GIRL’, SHE IS AMONGST THE MOST IN-DEMAND ACTRESSES IN THE COUNTRY TODAY. TOGETHER WITH HER SISTER SHE ALSO RUNS A SUCCESSFUL HOTEL. IN THIS INTERVIEW SHE REVEALS HER DEFINITION OF STYLE AND FASHION.
1. TODAY YOU’RE SHOOTING THE FALL COLLECTION 2017 FOR BROADWAY NYC FASHION. WHICH STYLES FROM THE BROADWAY WOMAN COLLECTION DO YOU LIKE BEST?
I like intense colors especially in autumn and winter, because they contrast with this dull time of year. These types of colours you can see also in the new collection: Like these two rust-coloured pieces combined you can wear as a dress. But I also like the bomber jackets. Also the pleated culottes are very chic, they’d look great with the white jumper.
2. WHAT’S YOUR PERSONAL FAVORITE TREND FOR THIS WINTER?
It has definitely got to be loads of knitwear to keep me always comfy and warm. And I like especially the long coats in strong and intense colors.
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY PARTICULAR BEAUTY RITUALS FOR THE COLD SEASON?
Yes! I go to the Spa more often and protect my hands appropriately. Especially in that season I really like colourful nails. I love wrapping myself in warm and cosy clothes, drinking fine teas and eating lots of healthy green things. Now and then I treat myself with a nice piece of cake.
4. WHAT ESSENTIALS SHOULD EVERY WOMAN HAVE IN HER WARDROBE?
A white blouse, a black cashmere jumper, a pair of jeans and a great pair of black slacks, possibly cropped. And a trench coat.
5. DO YOU HAVE A PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU REALLY LOVE?
The black cashmere coat my boyfriend got for me is an absolute treasure. This coat accompanies me on every trip.
6. MANY OF YOUR FANS ADMIRE THE CLASSY- CHIC STYLE YOU WEAR, THE WAY YOU LOOK, YOUR NATURALNESS. IN YOUR PRIVATE LIFE, DO YOU PREFER MORE CASUAL CLOTHING OR ELEGANT?
Well, basically I’m very curious and fascinated by fashion and I love fashion and lifestyle magazines. If I see something and try it on, I immediately know if it`s mine or not.
7. YOU’RE A SUCCESSFUL ACTRESS AND YOU ALSO RUN YOUR OWN HOTEL. HOW DO YOU MANAGE BOTH?
Thankfully I am surrounded by an awesome team of passionate people. My sister as managing director is in charge of all the organizational aspects of the hotel and she is doing a great job. I have an amazing management and agent, they have taken care of my career for many years. And there is my lovely boyfriend, he supports me a lot too. It wouldn`t be possible without these great people.
8. YOUR LIFE SEEMS PRETTY CHALLENGING. HOW DO YOU RECOVER FROM STRESS?
With short retreats! A weekend at the Spa, a couple of days in the sun or a short-term trip to visit friends in another city. I like spending my time discovering new things and being with the people I love.
9. IS THERE A CALORIE BOMB YOU ENJOY SOMETIMES? ARE YOU DIETING SOMETIMES AND HOW DO YOU STAY FIT?
I’m a total epicurean. I love truf es in all variations: Truffles with pasta, truffles with pizza ... but I really like cake. But I also exercise regularly, for example I do Pilates and a lot of Functional Fitness. And diets. Sometimes I just skip dinner. I eat whatever I want until 4 pm and then I don’t have anything for the next 16 hours. It’s a natural detox and attacks the fat reserves without causing a yo-yo effect. For me, it’s a natural way of fasting.
10. DO YOU LIKE TO GO SHOPPING?
I love it, although I don’t often get the chance. So sometimes I do my shopping in the malls at the train stations or airports. Yesterday I just bought a pair of Uggs at the train station. There they were, exactly the shoes I have been craving for a long time...